I created a set of wood frame scale drawings by hand back in the 1990s, working from my own AC, but did not quite complete the set. More recently, I started to create a new set on computer (CAD), but I'm postponing completion until my AC restoration is finished. I'm offering both of them here for anyone who needs this information quickly.
The earlier pencil drawings represent about 1,600 hours work!
Hand drawn scale drawings available as prints
This set includes:
- Views of the fully assembled frame, excluding doors (one-fifth scale).
- Drawings of most components, excluding doors, roof, rear windows and rear shelf assembly (rear shelf assembly is on the CAD drawings listed below). These are to various scales between quarter and 1:1.
- Wooden floor panel drawings are included.
The set comes on approx. 30 sheets A3 size plus over 20 sheets A4 size. Shipped in a large postal tube.
Price: £50 UKP including shipping worldwide.
Please allow a few days when ordering, as getting so many precious drawings printed (done professionally) takes time.
Note: Since doing the later CAD drawings, I have identified some slight errors, mainly under the side windows. These have been corrected on the CAD version listed below.
CAD computer scale drawings (only partial set - the rest to be produced at some future date) supplied on CD-ROM
This set includes:
- Main components of the frame's rear half, from the hinge pillars rearwards, including rear shelf assembly (but excluding roof and window surrounds).
- Assembled views of above components (each component colour coded).
- Some small '3D' perspective views of the assembled rear frame with the same colour coding (these help you to visualise the frame).
Supplied on CD-ROM (and shipped separately if you order both drawing sets).
Price: £24 UKP including shipping worldwide.
You can pay via PayPal using the above payment buttons. Alternatively you can pay by UK cheque or electronic bank transfer. Please e-mail for details.
Important notes on these drawings
- The drawings are based on my 1949 Saloon. There may be detail differences to your AC. For example, the side window surround will be different if your AC has opening side windows (introduced during 1950).
- Being hand-built, every AC body is slightly different, and even the left and right halves of the same car are not quite mirror images of each other. I have tried to exclude errors found on my own AC, on the drawings. However, you will need to take measurements off your body panelling, doors, etc. to arrive at the correct dimensions for your frame.